I’ve been tagged once again. Back in October, I was tagged for the 2014 WIP tour.
Today, I’m responding to the One Lovely Blog Tour, a fun-oriented tour that I first heard about from Carol Bodensteiner’s post last month. I discovered a few great blogs I’d never heard of before from that post and I thank Carol for it. But she didn’t tag me. Bummer. 🙂
Instead, my tags came from Mary Gottschalk — whose memoir Sailing Down the Moonbeam was eerily similar to my Two Years on the Kazakh Steppe — and Kathy Pooler, whose memoir of her escape from domestic violence, Ever Faithful To His Lead, was not.
At least that’s what I thought initially. But more on that in a later blog.
The rules for the One Lovely Blog Tour are similar to the WIP Tour
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog (Check; see above)
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate bloggers you admire (as many as you can think of!)
Here are the seven things about myself: How many do you already know?
1. I met my current husband for the first time on the Internet in 1989 (this story has future blog post possibilities).
2. I almost dated Elton John (this would definitely make a good blog post).
3. I sold Good Humor ice cream from a truck one summer (this one wouldn’t).
4. I worked on 42nd St. in NYC while in undergrad school at NYU (yup, it’s half written already)
5. I was a pool lifeguard for one summer. (Hmmm, maybe a single blog about the crazy jobs I’ve had over the years. When you start low, your career trajectory really soars)
6. I’ve had over twenty mailings addresses in over 7 states (big yawn), beginning in a large city just outside Manhattan, and ending now, on 30 acres in Vermont.
7. My father died on Valentines’ Day in 1956. He was the navigator on a small plane piloted by Whitey Ford, a former mercenary in the Spanish Civil War. (Now there’s a story)
The blogs I’m nominating are an eclectic mix; I encourage you to check them out; subscribe. As I’ve found, one can always unsubscribe if it turns out to be not your cup of tea after all. Sometimes it takes reading a few over time to see if it’s a fit. Here, in alphabetical order, are eleven “lovely blogs,” ones I’ve enjoyed over the past year and a half or so:
- Becky Povich Young At Heart
- Debra Eve Late Bloomers
- Jan J Jan My Little Corner of the World
- Jerry Waxler Memory Writers Network
- Joan Z. Rough One Rich Life
- Krista Tippett On Being
- L. E. Carmichael Life, the Universe, and Everything
- Laurie Buchanan Tuesdays with Laurie
- Pamela Olson Fast Times in Palestine
- Susan Joyce Blog
- Tim Urban Wait But Why
Again, the small print: None of these authors need feel obligated to participate. This is certainly not a chain letter threatening dire consequenses if you don’t play. If it’s not for you, if it comes at a bad time, no fret. I’ll still read your blog. Think of it as a game, one that should be fun. Cheers.
How about you? Are these blogs new to you? I hope you’ll check them out.
Click here for the PAPERBACK and eBook versions. Amazon makes it easy. And, you can always order it from your local independent bookstore.
If you’ve read it, leaving a review on Amazon will help bring me closer to being able to offer a weekend with a discounted price. (just in time for you to fill your family’s Christmas stockings) 🙂