I’ve FINALLY found how to peel a hardboiled egg so that it will turn out smooth.
There are countless theories out there, and I’ve tried most of them.
- Eggs must be fresh (we have free range chickens; I have fresh eggs.) — nope.
- Eggs must be old (so I hold them aside for three weeks.) — nope.
- Must run the boiled eggs under cold water right away — nope.
- Must let eggs sit in the hot water until the water cools on its own — nope
- Crack the eggs and let them sit in the water overnight — nope.
But now I know the secret. I don’t really know WHY it works, I know only that it does. Something I’ve found true in life generally, yes? (I’m still pondering that fax machine).
Here’s a half-minute video clip to show you.
Can you tell this is my first video clip? I’ll work on the text first, next time.
One small jar with a lid, warm water, and a few shakes. Who knew it could be so easy?
My New Year’s gift to you.
How do you peel a hardboiled egg? What fool proof way have you discovered?